The Clerk of Court is a public officer, elected by the people of McCormick County. The duties of the office are continuous in nature and prescribed under local, state and federal law. As an elected official, the Clerk must be responsive to the citizens of McCormick County while fulfilling the responsibilities proscribed under law.
What this Office Does:
- Answers questions from public regarding Court operations and real estate recordings
- Maintain records of cases heard in the Court of Common Pleas involving civil disputes between two or more parties
- Keep records of criminal cases heard in the General Sessions Court
- Schedule Civil Jury and Non-Jury Trials
- Maintain records of Family Court including juvenile, domestic relations, child support, interstate custody, abuse and neglect, termination of parental rights orders of protection, adoption and Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act cases
- Prepares and mails juror summons and processes jury payments
- Screens, collects fees and appoints Public Defenders for those who qualify
- Receives, reviews and records real estate documents to include, deeds, plats, mortgages as well as liens, judgments powers of attorney, etc.
- Receives and disburses child support payments
- Collect fines and fees from the General Sessions Court
This Office Does Not:
- Give legal advise (For attorney information call the SC Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 868-2284 or the Neighborhood Legal Assistance Program (888) 346-5562
- Research real property for legal claim
- Accept payments for County property taxes (See Treasurer)
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS FOR CHILD SUPPORT
WITH A CONVENIENCE FEE
• AMERICAN EXPRESS
YOU WILL BE TOLD WHAT YOUR FEE IS FOR MAKING YOUR PAYMENT. YOU MAY
CANCEL A PAYMENT BEFORE IT IS MADE AND WILL NOT BE CHARGED A FEE. ONCE
A PAYMENT IS MADE, THE FEE IS NOT REFUNDABLE.
ONLINE PAYMENTS: GovPayNow.Com
BY PHONE: 1-888-604-7888